Trueblue Friendster Profile »

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

CHELSEA TV EXCLUSIVE: QUARESMA ARRIVES


http://ngerumpi.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/ricardo-quaresma.jpg

Chelsea's newest player and our newest Portuguese international was at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday afternoon. Ricardo Quaresma took the time to give the club's channel his first thoughts on the loan move taking him from Italy to England.


Are you happy to be here in London now that the loan deal has gone through?
I am very happy. The best thing for any football player is to play for big clubs and I was very lucky to go to Inter and now I am very thankful to Mr. Scolari and everybody at Chelsea who made this deal possible.

Now I aim to play the best that I can to help Chelsea to achieve their goals because all I want is to show my qualities, to show what I am made of and hopefully I am going to help Chelsea achieve their goals.

You are joining five Portuguese players here and you know the manager very well. How much will that help you to settle in?
It is always nice to have people to help you when you come to a new club. Obviously Chelsea is a great club and it has great quality players and I am very proud that I can have the chance to represent such a great club. With all the other Portuguese players I am sure it is going to be easier for me and I am very glad to be here with them.

The style of football that you play, do you think it is better suited to Chelsea and the Barclays Premier League than it was in Serie A?
Everything depends on the team and sometimes on your luck. I try to give my best for the team when I play. I didn't have many opportunities to show my qualities at Inter but I believe these two are two great leagues in the world and all I want is to show what I am made of, to show hard work, to show all my qualities here. I am really glad I have this opportunity to play with such a good club as Chelsea.

What will be your main goals at Chelsea and how would you describe yourself as a player?
I don't like to talk about myself, I prefer that other people talk about me. But what I can promise is I am going to work very hard, I am going to give my best, I am going to prove that I deserve to be in this team and that I am the right player to help Chelsea achieve their goals. Hopefully I will be able to do so.

You play on both flanks. How do you feel about the competition with the likes of Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou?
It is always great to have great players in the team and to have this type of competition because this really makes you work hard. Life is a risk and sometimes you have to take risks to achieve the goals you set yourself and that is what I intend to do.

I believe the competition is good and these two are players that I admire. My intention is to work hard to gain my place in the team and I believe competing with great players is what makes you a better player.

You scored against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge playing for Porto is 2006/07 and there was a great piece of skill when you hit the crossbar in Porto as well. What is your memory of your games against Chelsea?
It was a great experience for every player, especially for myself. We strive to play these big games, that is what mostly motivates us players, playing great games against great clubs and great players. I was happy that I was able to score here at Chelsea and when I hit the bar, unfortunately I couldn't score there but it was a great experience for me. I hope now to do the same things for Chelsea, rather than against them.

What is your message for the Chelsea fans?
I hope to please the supporters as much as I hope to please the team because that is what we play for, that is what motivates us. I have been happy enough to have the support of all teams I have played for before and I do hope to have the same here.

I hope the supporters will like me and will see my qualities because I am going to do my best for them and hopefully I am going to give the supporters lots of happiness.


Blues eye permanent winger deal

Chelsea
Chelsea will have the option of signing Ricardo Quaresma on a permanent basis, should he impress in his loan spell at Stamford Bridge.


The Blues made a surprise last-gasp swoop for the Portugal international ahead of Monday's 5pm deadline, after they received word from Inter Milan that they were willing to offload the winger.

Quaresma, who was also a target for Tottenham, was left out of Inter's squad for the Champions League knockout stages having struggled for form since joining Inter from Porto for �24million last year. Luiz Felipe Scolari knows the player well from their time together with the Portuguese national team and was keen to bring in a replacement for Joe Cole, who is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury. Chelsea have agreed to pay Quaresma's �48,000-a-week wages and could make the 25-year-old permanent addition during the summer transfer window.

0 comments: