Trueblue Friendster Profile »

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Chelsea News


Huddersfield's Brandan: Ex-Chelsea boss Mourinho different class

Huddersfield midfielder Chris Brandan is excited about taking on the millionaires of Chelsea in tomorrow's FA Cup meeting.He said: "There are so many top-class players at Chelsea it's difficult to single anyone out. But Frank Lampard is an unbelievable player and it will be a privilege to be on the same pitch as him."It's one of those days where you're determined to give a good account of yourself to get them back to the Galpharm and see how they cope with our pitch."Brandon was the goal hero for Andy Ritchie's men in the third-round win over Birmingham and was part of the side who narrowly lost 2-1 at Chelsea two years ago.

He added: "The last time we went there Jose Mourinho was absolutely unbelievable. What a great guy."After the match he invited us all into their changing room to have a chat with his players and get lots of shirts and other memorabilia. He was superb.It's unusual to be invited into the opposition changing rooms and I felt like a young kid in the sweet shop. I got Ricardo Carvalho's shirt but a few of the boys ended up with three or four shirts.

"We've all seen them play on TV but getting on to the same pitch makes you appreciate what incredible players they have."I don't think they have been beaten for four years at Stamford Bridge. We've just got to dig in and see what happens."I suppose I ended up becoming the goal hero against Birmingham and I don't see why that shouldn't happen again."

Terry back for Chelsea: He's a bionic man

John Terry's remarkable recovery powers continue to astound coach Avram Grant after the England international was considered fit enough to be included in the squad to face Huddersfield in the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Terry was not expected to return to action for a further fortnight after fracturing three bones in his foot against Arsenal in December last year.
"He has surprised us all," admitted Grant. "Maybe he is a bionic man. He recovers very quickly and well and maybe he will be available for Saturday.

"Maybe he will be on the bench or even start, but we haven't decided about that yet. But each injury depends on the person and he is very strong, not just mentally, but also physically.
"He is a very important player for us. I haven't seen a captain like him. I have been all over the world and he is a big captain and influence on the team."For me a captain leads by example and not just talking. He sets a good example and we miss him a lot on the pitch."

Chelsea's Anelka: I'm not moody - just shy

Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka has dismissed claims he's moody. Anelka, 28, has quickly settled into life at Chelsea after completing a £15million move from Bolton last month.And the French striker is keen to point out his reputation for being moody is far from the truth.He said: "When you don't speak with the Press, they make up a story about you.

"And then, when you don't answer, they make up some more about you."That's what happened - people made up stories about me."But I think if you ask the dressing room, the players know me better and they will tell you who I am."I'm sure that if you asked a question, nobody would say anything wrong about me.

"I know who I am, I'm shy and I just live my life."


AC Milan will outbid Barcelona for Chelsea's Drogba

AC Milan are ready to break the bank for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.Gazzetta dello Sport says Ronaldo's knee injury has kicked Milan into action as they seek a new centre-forward for next season.Drogba has declared an ambition to move to Barcelona, but that won't put off Milan president Silvio Berlusconi, who is prepared to go head-to-head in any bidding war for the Ivory Coast ace.

0 comments: