Trueblue Friendster Profile »

Friday, April 04, 2008

Latest Football News - Serie A and La Liga



Barcelona Agree Deal With Alves
Daniel Alves has reached a principle agreement to sign for Barcelona in the summer in a deal that would see him pen a five-year contract and earn three times his current salary.

The Brazilian full-back has made his intention to leave the Andalucian club clear a year after being refused a lucrative transfer to join Chelsea and has taken the first step out of Sevilla, according to Sport.While Alves may have agreed to a switch to Camp Nou, however, he is not free to just walk away from Sevilla and will be reliant on Barça negotiating a fee.Last summer both Chelsea and Real Madrid were reported to have made huge offers for his services, but president José Maria del Nido turned both clubs down.It was Del Nido's refusal to even discuss a transfer 12 months ago tat has caused Alves to make the first move this time around as he did not understand how José Antonio Reyes, Julio Baptista and Sergio Ramos could leave, but not him.Sevilla asked Chelsea for between €35 and €40m, yet when an offer of €36m was received the club still said no and that led to a public spat between Alves and the president.Barça had made ensuring that the player wanted to join them a priority and this agreement will bolster confidence that next season can bring a new look to the side.Alves is rumoured to be the first of four big-name signings that the Blaugrana are set to approach as they are ready to splash €100m on new players.
This move will also open the door for Gianluca Zambrotta to move to Milan.

Zambrotta To Milan – Imminent
AC Milan are just days, possibly hours, away from completing the summer signing of Barcelona star Gianluca Zambrotta, according to Controcampo.


Speculation that Zambrotta is set for a return to Serie A with Milan is not a new topic, indeed the question on everyone’s lips is not if the transfer will be completed, but when. The 31-year-old signed for Barcelona from Juventus following the Calciopoli crisis in the summer of 2006. He has not truly demonstrated his full potential in Catalonia, and along with his wife has become increasingly homesick. Controcampo says that Milan officials have been in lengthy discussions with Zambrotta's agent, Beppe Bonetto, and virtually all details regarding the deal have been agreed upon. An announcement is expected within a number of days, possibly even hours. Zambrotta has also played for Como and Bari, and has starred 70 times for Italy, scoring twice. He played at the European Championships of 2000 and 2004, and the World Cups of 2002 and 2006, the latter of which he has a winners medal from.

Ronaldinho's Brother Dines With Galliani
Ronaldinho has again been linked with a move to AC Milan after his brother and agent had dinner with the Italian giants's vice-president, Adriano Galliani.

The Brazilian could also be touted to Inter as his sibling and representative, Roberto de Assis, met with directors from the La Beneamata.Speculation continues to be rife over Ronaldinho's future and reports and photos of his brother in the Italian media meeting with Galliani has fanned the flames.Only last month, the Milan president, Silvio Berlusconi, stated that he not longer had a keen interest in signing the player as his form had fallen away for Barça.Galliani may recognise not only the potential to reinvigorate Ronaldinho's career and hope that a change of scenery returns him to form, but also the marketing potential would be huge.De Assis' relationship with the Blaugrana is deteriorating as continuing rumours that his brother is not injured and is actually depressed and out of sorts continue to crop up in the local press.But his friendship with the Milanese directors is still strong and while he has had many other clients both playing for the club and that the club are interested in, Ronaldinho's name is never far away from the headlines.Both Sport and Marca state that the player could invoke Article 17 of the game's laws that would mean that he could buy himself out of his own contract, despite De Assis denying that was even being considered.A far-fetched article then appeared in Italy this week suggesting that Inter had proposed swapping Ronaldinho for the even more troubled Adriano as the saga took a new twist.

1 comments:

Guhn said...

SECURITY CENTER: See Please Here